In 1930, the olive-mill of the parish of Pera Geitonia was transferred from the underground floor of the Virgins’ School of Agros to the traditional building that is housed today, next to the church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos.
This manually-operated system, with which olive producers would get their olive-oil, is in a good condition.
There is a presser, a mill, knits with holes in the middles called “zempilia” and other tools and objects which all together form a small Popular Art Museum.
The entire project was completed with the guidance of the Department of Antiquities.
A similar olive-mill for the parishioners of Panagia of Agros existed until 1949 next to the fountain of “Kaouras”.
It was dismantled because of the creation of the electric generator of Vrasidas Eirinarchos and was transferred at a place between the Church of Panagia and the Primary School, where the mill stones still exist.
Ioannis Hadjipetris, educationalist – researcher