A very old church of unknown date of construction, (16th century circa 1570). Features aninterior of 5 x 10 meters plus the Holy sanctuary. The icons date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. A large icon of Archangel Michael is characteristic of its icons (2,30 m x 1,48m). The church was renovated in 1890 and celebretes its saint name day on November 8. The church is used for verious religious events such as baptisms, weddings etc.
Accreditation: Metropolis Tamasos & Oreinis
Operation Period: All year
Working Hours: No working hours. Visiting the site can be done by prearrangement phone 00357-99429565 (Nick Tomasidis)
Facilities: The museum and the church is not accessible for people in wheelchairs. Within the museum there is a small shop where guests have the opportunity to purchase various souvenirs such as books and pictures. Given free flyer brochure about the museum (Greek, English and Russian) and sold for 8 euros Museum Guide and other ecclesiastical monuments Peraton (Greek, English and Russian) and image copies of the museum (fee 5 and 10 euro). All transactions by cash only. Parking is available. There are restrooms opposite the cultural center and the church.
Contact Telephone / Fax: 00357-99429565 / 00357-22624600
Website / Email: www.imtamasou.org.cy / email@example.com
Admission Fee: Free. Accepted voluntary contributions.
Supply Fee: –
Map Google Map: