The guide includes those hotels and other tourist establishments that are officially registered and classified by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation in accordance with the provisions of the Hotels and Tourist Establishments Law and Regulations. The hotels and tourist establishments are listed by category.
After selecting a hotel or tourist establishment it is recommended that you make reservations in advance. Guests are invited to apply to their Travel Agent or directly to the hotel or tourist establishment of their choice for reservations and/or further information.
Re the hotels situated in the Keryneia (Kyrenia) and Ammochostos (Famagusta) areas, these regions are at present under the occupation of Turkish invasion forces. The operation or use of any of the hotels owned by Greek Cypriots, (who are prevented from managing and exploiting their own property by the occupying force, i.e. Turkey) is illegal according to the laws of the Cyprus Republic.
The rates for this guide have been approved by the CTO and apply for the period 16.3.2011 – 15.3.2012. These prices are displayed in the organisation’s web page www.visitcyprus.com. In addition the prices of each room / apartment should be displayed on a ‘special rates board’ and
be clearly visible within the room/apartment of the tourist establishment. Some hotels and tourist establishments offer discounts on the accommodation rate or special offers during some periods of the year. Most of these tourist establishments display these offers in their web sites through which you can obtain more information or make a booking.
The rates include:
– Overnight stay and breakfast, in the case of hotels.
– Service charge (10%) taxes to local authorities and the Value Added Tax (VAT).
– Heating charge for the months of May – October (on a 24-hour basis) for 3, 4 and 5 star hotels and deluxe and category A tourist establishments.
– In the case of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels and category A tourist establishments located in the hill resorts, the provision of air conditioning is not compulsory. In cases where air conditioning is offered, the relevant surcharge is included in the room/apartment rate. EXTRAS (Inclusive of taxes and VAT)
– Within establishments where air conditioning is non-compulsory, individual air conditioning units can be used, if this is requested by the guests. However, there is a predetermined charge per day per unit for this service. These establishments appear in the guide with the characteristic mark ‘‘(a/c)’’.
– There is a reduced charge per day as it is displayed on the ‘‘special rates board’’ within each room and apartment of the tourist establishment for the following:
(a) Use of double room by a single person
(b) Charge for children up to the age of 12 and using the room with their parents.
(c) In the case of hotel apartments or tourist apartments, for each additional person over the number of the normal bed capacity of the apartment.
TERMS OF STAY
Guests are advised to declare, upon arrival at the hotel, on what terms they wish to stay, i.e. room only, bed and breakfast, half board or full board.
During the months of July and August, hill resort hotels may charge guests half board rates as a minimum term of stay.
A guest on half board or full board that decides not to have any meals included as part of his terms of stay is not entitled to a discount. A breakfast charge may be made to staying guests irrespective of whether breakfast is taken or not.
Guests are entitled to use the room/apartment until 12.00 noon on the day of their departure. If the guest uses the room /apartment until 18.00 hours he/she is liable to pay 50% of the accommodation only daily rate. For use of the room after 18.00 hours the guest must pay the whole accommodation only daily rate.
Please address any complaints to the manager of the hotel or tourist establishment. If for whatever reason you are not satisfied, please contact the Cyprus Tourism Organisation, telephone number: 00357-22691100 (Monday through Friday 08:00 – 14:30 and Wednesday until 18:00 except July and August)
The rates of hotels and tourist establishments restaurants and other catering units are monitored by the CTO. Guests are advised to consult the approved price lists and to ask for detailed receipts.